These types of Injuries are one of the most common types of injuries we help people to claim compensation for.
These accidents can occur in many different types of circumstances but as long as the trip or slip occurred as a result of the negligence of someone else you will subject to some exceptions be able to claim compensation for your injuries.
Some of the most common types of trip and slip injuries we help with, are slips on spillages in supermarkets, trips over defective surfaces on public pavements, slips on spilt drinks in bars and clubs, trips over poorly laid carpet or unsafe rugs in residential homes and falls down slippery or otherwise badly designed staircases.
If you have suffered an injury in any of these circumstances, or any other situation, then we would be happy to assist you and help you claim compensation for your injuries.
Regardless of whether you are visiting a private home, walking on city-owned grounds, or a patron in a supermarket, a slip, trip or fall injury can happen to you. Everyone falls at some point. Sometimes we just don’t watch where we are going. Yet, there are many slip, trip and fall injuries in Dublin that happen because of a hazardous condition on property owned by another person. If you are the victim of a slip, trip and fall injury, you could be seriously injured and miss weeks from your work. The owner of the property where your accident occurred may be legally responsible for your injuries.
If you slip, trip or fall on someone else’s property, follow these steps:
- Ask the property owner or an employee if you are in a place of business to document the accident. Get a copy of that documentation;
- If it is possible, take a photo of the hazard that caused your injury;
- Get medical attention immediately if you think that you’re injured;
- Call Tiernan & Co. Solicitors.
Follow those steps even if the slip, trip and fall occurs at your work. Do not feel intimidated about documenting what happened or about filing a claim. Please read our page regarding work accidents to learn more.
Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents May Make You Eligible for Compensation
Often, victims of slip, trip and fall accidents who are injured are eligible for compensation. Regardless of whether the property is public or private, there is an obligation for the property owner to keep the property safe. Property should be clean and safe. Many property owners carry slip and fall insurance. If you’re hurt in a slip, trip or fall accident, their insurance may have a legal obligation to provide you with financial compensation.
However, in Ireland there are some instances in which a property owners is usually not responsible for your injury:
- You were trespassing;
- You were being careless and that contributed to your injury;
- The hazardous condition would have been avoided by another ordinary person;
- The hazardous condition hadn’t existed for enough time to allow the property owner to know about and correct it; or
- The owner of the property took reasonable steps to prevent the accident.
The owner of the property could be legally responsible for your injury if:
- The hazardous condition was created by the property owner or an employee;
- The owner of the property or an employee knew or should have known about the hazard and should have done something to correct it; or
- Reasonable steps were not taken to prevent the accident.
It is important to recognize that all of the conditions discussed above do not have to exist in order for you to have a successful slip, trip or fall claim. Sometimes, the presence of just one of those factors is enough to make the owner of the property legally responsible for your injuries. Tiernan & Co. Solicitors can help determine whether you have a viable personal injury claim. These types of accidents can only have claims filed for a certain amount of time. Call on 01-6622822 to speak with a personal injury solicitor with Tiernan & Co. Solicitors to have your questions answered and to have your claim immediately evaluated.